Friday, 8 March 2013

Honoring Women on our International Day


Tove Jansson, author and illustrator.

I just want to salute every single woman in the world on this International Day of ours. Here are some more or less famous women that have meant something to me and likely a lot of others, in lots of different areas, young and old, in no particular order whatsoever, and of course just a very few of everyone I admire. So hats off to them today, for enriching my life every day! And also not pictured here my personal female heroes: my mother, my grandmothers, and my mother-in-law. Thank you for making me into the woman I am today, a proud and strong feminist inside and out.


Amy Poehler, actor, comedian and writer.


First Aid Kit, musicians.


Emmylou Harris, musician.


Christine Ha, cook and winner of American Masterchef season 3.




Lena Dunham, actor, writer and director.


Padma Lakshmi, model, host of Top Chef and cook book writer.


Amy Sedaris, writer, comedian and actor.




Fran Lebowitz, author and public speaker.


Grace Coddington, editor and former model.




Maryse Condé, author.


Alison Bechdel, comic book writer.


Mindy Kaling, actor, comedian and writer.


Malin Ahlin, illustrator and author.


Meryl Streep, actress.


Carson Ellis, illustrator and Laura Veirs, musician.


Björk, musician and artist.

Louise Filli, typographer and calligrapher.


Jessica Hische, typographer and graphic designer.

No comments: