Friday 29 July 2011

Marimekko: Finland at its best


I love love love these new dresses from Marimekko. They are a little bit too bold and modern for my taste really, but I still love them. And if someone should kindly give me one or two, I would dare myself to wearing them and I’m pretty sure I would love that too.

Ovela Dress, design Noora Niinikoski.
Print: Katala Pallo, design Katsuji Wakisaka.




Viekas Top and Kelmi Skirt Dress, design Noora Niinikoski.
Print: Katala Pallo, design Katsuji Wakisaka.




Juoni Dress, design Noora Niinikoski.
Print: Katala Pallo, design Katsuji Wakisaka.




Aapa Dress, design Mika Piirainen.
Print: Ruskaraita, design Fujio Ishimoto.




I really like these fabric prints too, designed by Fujiwo Ishimoto for Marimekko. I don’t know how big the squares are, but if they are quite small I think it would make for a perfect dress.



I don’t know why, but I have a weak spot for dresses that have got names, like these ones. It got me thinking maybe I should start naming mine, but then again: that would be an awful lot of names ...

No comments: