Thursday 10 February 2011

i heart lina bodén


Yesterday I fell in love with an artist's work. This particular artist is Swedish, she is amazing, and her name is Lina Bodén. As we're just experiencing yet another snow storm here in Stockholm, I very much feel the need to stay indoors and finding inspiration elsewhere. Especially floral inspiration like Lina Bodén's paintings. I mean just look at these pictures, they're simply fantastic.





This is from a coming book cover of a new classic series being published in Sweden later this spring, Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster.



And in the same series this is for one of my childhood's absolute favorite books, The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I just loved that book to bits. Well, I still do actually, some things just don't change that much.



Cover for Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.



And finally a cover for Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I am definitely getting my hands on these books when they're coming out. Not only for the beautiful covers, but also because I don't own them, I've just read library copies.



More Alice in Wonderland.















Seahorse! Giant blueberries! Chandeliers! Okay, enough with the exclamation marks. Just go to Lina Bodén's website and check everything else out. I will keep my eyes on her work from now on, rest assured I will.

No comments: