Monday 3 October 2011

look at my feet



Just before I left for the book fair I found not only one, but two pairs of shoes during a lunch break. Sometimes the best things are found in a hurry! I had tried on a pair of shoes in a store, but left them behind since I found them a bit expensive. When I went back with the hope of them being cut down in price some more, instead I found these cute little pink and beige things, for only 350 kronor on sale. They are super comfortable and I really like them!



After that purchase I just ran into a charity shop across the street, because I saw a rather nice chair in the window and wanted to check out the price of it. Once inside I thought I’d just take a quick look, even though it’s not one the best shops. Much to my own surprise I found a pair of great shoes, IN MY SIZE! I’m using capitals, because this has only happened once before. Usually every shoe I’ve ever liked in a thrift or vintage shop have been at least a couple of sizes to small, and it’s not that I have freakishly large feet. Anyway, I really love these shoes and their very old fashioned look and wood heal.




They only cost 150 kronor and are in reasonably good condition, and I will do my best to take care of them. I suck at taking good care of shoes though, don’t know what’s wrong with me. Maybe it’s because most shoes hurt my feet, and makes me angry with them. Or maybe it’s just that I’m lazy and don’t like the smell of shoe polish.

No comments: