Thursday 22 July 2010

a friendly chinese surprise


Maybe it was me craving more jewellery the other night, maybe it's just cos I've got great friends, but sometimes you do get what you wish for, in the best of ways. Like a surprise beautiful Chinese envelope with custom made jewellery! Joy of joys!



Pretty pretty green gemstones with lovely silver details, I like these so much. I've got a few perfect outfits to match these too, looking forward to that.



And how about these amazing peacocks!? Oh, they are just too lovely! I've always liked peacocks, but it seems it's turned into an obsession lately, which I don't mind at all. There are so many worse obsessions one could have, why worry about getting happy by peacock items?



To match the Chinese envelope was a supercute Chinese ribbon bracelet, such a perfect gift for me! I can't wait to wear all of this. Thank you ever so much dear Linda! I feel perfectly spoilt!



First stop on yesterday's little shopping spree was Mattssons band, a button and ribbon store on Kungsgatan 19 here in Stockholm. It was quite overwhelming, and maybe a bit too hot to be able to make any rational decisions, so for once I actually only bought a very few select pieces. This beautiful rose ribbon was one. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it, maybe just wear it as a head band, either way I couldn't put it down once I picked it up.



The other things were these completely awesome calligraphy buttons! I have to find a coat or a cardigan that the small ones would fit and lift and transform to something utterly different. For now I'm just gonna look at them as often as I can, and maybe try and figure out a way to make the big one into a brooch, and the small ones into earrings. Surely it can be done, with some patience and the right equipment. And once I've started all my sewing projects, I'm pretty certain I'm going back to Mattssons for some more material.

2 comments:

Linda said...

You're welcome! Thank you so much for the books - I feel perfectly spoilt, too!

Jenny Kellerman Pillay said...

The green ones have become my new favorite everyday earrings! Somehow the green colour adapts to every outfit and always looks great.