Sunday 16 January 2011

darling buds of mine


Bleak is the winter light 'tis season. Very pale pink roses with just a hint of green edges are my favorites, so I got a plant with some for myself yesterday. So pretty!




I'm gonna try real hard to keep it alive until spring is here. Today it was raining. It means it's not as cold, but completely miserable and dangerously slippery while the snow is melting.
I want the streets to be bare again, so I can go out for proper walks. I even bought myself a pair of bright red sneakers the other day on the final sale, and I want to start using them as soon as possible. Maybe you didn't see me as a sneakers kind of gal, and I'm not really, but obviously one has to make the ocassional sensible decision sometimes. My new thing for wedge heels is hardly ideal for long walks along the water, which is what I love taking (but don't do as often as I should). I had a pair of lovely Campers sneakers, but they are so worn out now the soles just about got holes. Then I got another pair that are completely impossible to break in, and give me horrible bleeding heel chafing. These new ones seems soft enough though, and I hope we'll get along.



On the budding theme I hereby present another couple of beautiful jewellery pieces that has been handed down to me from my grandmother. These silver earrings I think are from the 50's or 60's, and I love the oxidation on them. It gives them such lovely character. They're screw on's, and a bit painful to wear because I'm also scared of losing them and usually screw them on too hard.



I don't know if this bracelet originally came with the earrings, or if they just happen to match each other. Either way this is definitely one of my favorite pieces, it's simply gorgeous, don't you think?

No comments: