Tuesday 11 January 2011

pink wedge crush


I'm going to London in April with work. We shall be working most of the time, going to the book fair, visiting a couple of publishers and having a conference day. But I will not go back home without visiting a Clarks store, I simply will not. I don't care what my boss says! I will print a map of every store in the city, and make sure we get close to one, and plan my escape from there. So now I'm drooling over these beauties from the spring collection, aren't they just lovely? Since I discovered and started wearing wedges last year, a whole new world seems to have opened up for me. I love it. It makes me taller. Not that I'm short really, but I've got a tall husband and I like being shorter than him, but I also like not having to stand on my tippy toes to kiss him.




I've complained before about Clarks not shipping overseas, and you can never find all the styles here and the prices are about double too. Not ideal. Not one bit. But now I'm thinking of bringing an empty bag, not shopping anything else until April, and just going crazy at Clarks! How about that idea? For one thing I don't have any pink shoes, and I've got a lot of pink dresses. I think. Or else I shall have to get that too then.




My colleagues were talking about finding a show to go to, maybe a play, I'm just thinking about shopping. Full stop. I haven't been to London since 1999. That's a long time. I'm pretty sure that all the places I used to know and go to are no longer there, or turned into something else. Guess I'll have to try and read up on some blogs beforehand, try and find an area where a lot of shopping can be done at one go, since I won't have that much time. I am considering staying a few extra days though, but I guess the hotel cost at my own expense would cancel out any savings on Clarks shoes I might make. Oh, well, what's a girl to do? Flutter my eyelashes at my husband and ask him to come with me? Nah, that's not really my style. I shop better without him anyway. But I love the kissing afterwards, I really do. Standing eye to eye. In my new pink Clarks shoes.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Absolutely lovely shoes! You must buy them all.

And if you have time you can go to Something, they had a lot of cute stuff when I was there a couple of years ago. http://www.something-shop.com/index.php

Jenny Kellerman Pillay said...

I would like to buy them all for sure! I guess I must talk to you about some other tips in London, since you've been there more recently than me. I won't have that much time for shopping, but I dare my boss to try and keep me away from it!