Wednesday 3 March 2010

my "it" girl and nowhere boy


Today I wanted to show my first Chinese girl, who followed me home from an antique shop in Notting Hill, London, 1999, for 5 pounds. I still love her as much as the day I first saw her, and I get so happy every time I look at her. She's got a few sisters on nearby walls, they'll visit another day.

I just came back from a preview screening of Nowhere Boy, the new film about John Lennon. It wasn't a great movie, but I enjoyed it immensely! And what I wouldn't do to get a time warp and head back to the late 50's/early 60's England ... The clothes! The furniture! The music! I'll admit I'd prefer something other than british post war food though, but I'll take the rest any day. I'm really jealous of my mum sometimes, to have lived as a teenager in that era, well late 60's that is. Little did she know back then that her future daughter would hunt vintage stores for the same clothes she'd wear every day. Or fall in love with old Chinese commercial posters.

No comments: